The only prehistoric animals that matter. Just teasing. Members of the most recent common ancestor of Triceratops and Neornithine Birds.
This category has the following 16 subcategories, out of 16 total.
Pages in category "Dinosaurs"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 367 total.
(previous 200) (next 200
- A case of dead kingfishers
- A drowned nesting colony of Late Cretaceous birds
- A month in dinosaurs (and pterosaurs): 1, therizinosauroid fuzz
- A month in dinosaurs (and pterosaurs): 2, of alvarezsaurids and avialians
- A month in dinosaurs (and pterosaurs): 3, Minotaurasaurus and giant chasmosaurines
- A month in dinosaurs (and pterosaurs): 5, pterosaurs vs birds, or not… or is it?
- A most atypical stegosaur
- A quick history of tree-climbing dinosaurs
- A scientist is QUOTE MINED on a Discovery dinosaur documentary
- A stork in ice and snow
- A stunning new Mesozoic bird… well, new-ish
- A symbiotic relationship between sunfish and… albatrosses? Say what?
- A trip to Hastings
- A truly tiny Cretaceous theropod… from England?
- A very alternative view of horned dinosaur anatomy
- A weird whale to identify, with musings on the subject of how avian deaths might be caused by offshore oil platforms
- A White-tailed eagle in southern England
- Aberratiodontus: worst paper ever?
- Alexornis and other ‘alexornithiforms’
- Alien viruses from outer space and the great Archaeopteryx forgery
- An American tyrant in London
- An encounter with a crossbill
- An introduction to hornbills
- Ankylosaur week, day 1: Hungarosaurus
- Ankylosaur week, day 2: Tarchia
- Ankylosaur week, day 3: Aletopelta
- Ankylosaur week, day 4: Panoplosaurus
- Ankylosaur week, day 5: Edmontonia
- Ankylosaur week, day 6: Silvisaurus
- Ankylosaur week, day 7: Animantarx
- Are parrots actually pigeons?
- At last, the Odedi revealed: the most mysterious bush warbler
- Attack of the flying steamer ducks
- Gadfly-petrels: rarities, a whole lot of variation and confusion, and skua mimicry (petrels part V)
- Galve: European spinosaurines, cryptic camarasaurs, and tiny heterodontosaurids
- Gannets, most awesome of seabirds
- Gary Kaiser’s The Inner Bird: Anatomy and Evolution
- Gerhard Maier’s African Dinosaurs Unearthed: the Tendaguru Expeditions
- Getting a major chapter on birds – ALL birds – into a major book on dinosaurs
- Getting scansoriopterygids, terrestrial-stalking azhdarchids, sauropod pneumaticity and the word palaeontography into a kid’s book
- Giant club-winged pigeons and ninja ibises: clubs, spurs, spikes and claws on the hands of birds (part III)
- Giant hoatzins of doom
- Giant owls vs solenodons
- Giant petrels, snow petrels, fulmars and kin (petrels part VI)
- Gigantoraptor, Eocursor and… baby Toni
- Good oxpecker, bad oxpecker? Not all oxpeckers are alike
- Goodbye Bulo Burti boubou (sort of)
- Goodbye super-inclusive Iguanodon, hello Mantellisaurus, Owenodon, Dakotadon, Dollodon, Barilium, Kukufeldia, Hypselospinus, Sellacoxa, Proplanicoxa etc. etc.
- Goodbye, my giant predatory, cursorial, flightless hoatzin
- Great tits: murderous rapacious flesh-rending predators!
- Great tits: still murderous, rapacious, flesh-rending predators!
- Greek-nosed first-horned face and the ‘bagaceratopids’
- Greg Paul’s Dinosaurs: A Field Guide
- Ground hornbills: savannah-dwelling, avian pseudo-hominids
- Life as a stegosaur: the SJG stegosaur special, part III
- Life-size two-dimensional condors and teratorns
- Lightning kills giraffe, kills five elephants at once, kills flock of 52 geese in 1932
- Limusaurus: awesome and wonderful, with or without the hands
- Little birds in crevices
- Living the pelagic life: of oil, enemies, giant eggs and telomeres (petrels part II)
- Lo, for I have seen the Meller’s duck, and it was good
- Long and Schouten’s Feathered Dinosaurs, a review
- Lots of sauropods, or just a few sauropods, or lots of sauropods?
- Lots of sunbirds have dumb names
- Luis Chiappe’s Glorified Dinosaurs: The Origin and Early Evolution of Birds
- Luis Rey and the new oviraptorosaur panoply
- Lurdusaurus: stupidest looking iguanodontian, and… a pneumatic ornithischian at last?
- Make that ten most ‘beautifully interesting’ birds
- Maniraptoran spotting in the Late Cretaceous Gobi
- March of the (small, plastic) pelicans
- Margaret Kinnaird and Timothy O’Brien’s ''The Ecology & Conservation of Asian Hornbills: Farmers of the Forest''
- Meteoroid vs goose… again
- Mobile phones, medals, a doll’s legs, an entire army… is there anything a gull won’t swallow?
- Monsters, dead birds and dinosaur stuff
- More news on ‘Dinosaurs – A Historical Perspective’
- More on phorusrhacids: the biggest, the fastest, the mostest out-of-placest
- More passerines as seen from the peripheries (part III): Great tits!
- My dinosaur colouring book
- My famous duck-based rant
- My local magpie family: four weeks of observation, 265 photos, and how good are the results?
- My most favouritest dinosaurs: ceratosaurids
- My old, sad t-shirt
- Mysterious channels of Alca torda
- Mystery birds of the Falkland Islands
- Myth of the six-foot super-owl
(previous 200) (next 200